TRNS News Notes By Victoria Jones
Sign up here for exclusive notes delivered to your inbox each morning.
● Consumers should beware overdraft protection
● USDA unveils poultry inspection system
● Oil and gas industry burdens taxpayers
● Rebellion smolders after Bundy standoff
● Sales tax holiday is not a vacation
● Religion and politics: A taxable mixture
Two Democrats joined Senate Republicans in blocking the bill, which would have provided $2.7 billion in emergency funding for the southern U.S. border.
In a rare glimpse of bipartisanship, the Senate approved the bill to overhaul the VA on the cusp of the August recess.
The three day ‘humanitarian pause’ in fighting will enter into effect at 8:00 a.m. Friday morning.
“I think the future will show that Africa is the continent of the greatest opportunity this century,” Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del), chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Subcommittee on African Affairs.
Senate Democrats continue to fight to push through a $2.7 billion alternative to President Obama’s original $3.7 billion proposal.