TRNS News Notes By Victoria Jones
Sign up here for exclusive notes delivered to your inbox each morning.
● Mortgage lending by the numbers
● Whistling all the way to the bank
● Religious influence wanes in U.S.
● Ivory and rhino horn trade widens
● Airlines put squeeze on passengers
● Warren Commission Report goes online
They promise to divest $50 billion in an effort to increase awareness of clean energy.
The beginning of the airstrikes in Syria marks a major escalation in the fight against the terrorist organization. Prior to this point, the fighting had been limited to Iraq, largely to protect Americans.
120+ leaders talk climate change in New York, the Lebanese parliament attempts to pick a president and Nintendo turns 125.
Turkey blocks Kurds from returning to Syria to fight the Islamic State, and Ban Ki-moon distances himself from anti-corporate #FloodWallStreet demonstrators
Protesters and undocumented mothers fighting for immigration reform say Democrats have broken their promise to them.