TRNS News Notes By Victoria Jones
Sign up here for exclusive notes delivered to your inbox each morning.
● ISIS “war” has strong bipartisan support
● School cops have military arms
● Obama wages war on immigration law
● HHS knew healthcare.gov was doomed
● Taxpayers on hook for $200 million fine
● How much is a billion?
The vote was 52-40, not enough to get past a filibuster.
The UN General Assembly gets underway, the E.U. Parliament votes on an association agreement with Ukraine, and new rankings of the world’s best universities.
The amendment would allow training of the Syrian opposition, however stopped short on approving Obama’s request for $500 million in doing so
An on-the-ground report from Iraqi and Syrian Kurdistan as military leaders weigh their options for pushing back the Islamic State.
“Mitch, that’s not how you hold a gun,” Grimes says.