TRNS News Notes By Victoria Jones
Sign up here for exclusive notes delivered to your inbox each morning.
TRNS interviewed Bob Capechi, deputy director for state policies for the Marijuana Policy Project.
● Political attitudes in America
● Gag order lifted for Alabama consumer case
● Most deported immigrants are male
● Monsanto beats drum against initiative
● FCC targets high cost of inmate calls
● Pastors in Idaho face jail, fines
A pair of memorials for an American and Brit killed by the Islamic State, a human rights visit to Detroit and a U.N. meeting on the peacekeeping mission in the Golan Heights.
Senegal is declared ‘Ebola-free,’ a breakthrough between the Nigerian government and Boko Haram, and the Swedish military on high alert.
“What we were looking for was not an Ebola expert, but rather an implementation expert,” said White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest.
Senegalese health officials have undertaken 42 days of ‘case finding’ without reporting a new infection.